Sunday, August 9, 2009

Talked to Palm

I spoke to Palm's security Webos big guy and was told that the two vulnerabilities, a DoS based on the browser and a pretty big one that lets me have access to things i shouldn't from remote, were both confirmed. I am told the latter has mitigating factors, but I really have not seen any. I have asked them a few questions on mitigating factors, I just have not received an answer back. Palm's security guy is very responsive and great to deal with so I am sure he will let me know.


As a side note, I started playing with SMS and found a nice "feature" using common email2SMS gateways that allow me to send text messages anonymously, through code, so that the receivers do not know where it came from (namely FROM emails addresses). This isn't huge, but it can be fun to play with your friends =p

-Ladd

No comments:

Post a Comment